More than Mary Kay


 I have struggled with skin problems most of my life. I didn’t think much about it as a child. When I became a teen my acne was horrible. My mom took me to dermatologists who tried every treatment they had but my acne just kept getting worse. My sister found a book about diet, a natural way of curing most ailments. There was a chapter about acne. Determined to get rid of my acne I went on the strict diet explained in the book. I thought I would starve before the first two weeks of cleansing my body. Think about it, I couldn’t have flour, dairy, sugar, nor anything greasy. After the two weeks I was able to see a huge improvement in my skin. Now to slowly re add the foods to find out which ones I needed to avoid. My food culprits were dairy and greasy. I then tried to see how much of these I could have daily without having a breakout. It ended up being only 8 ounces of dairy daily, and very moderate on greasy through the month. I had choices I really had to make, cut out cheese, ice cream, or milk. Pretty tough decision especially when many foods also have dairy products in them. I managed though and I am sure that is why I don’t eat ice cream to this day.

I was introduced to Mary Kay when I was 17. At that time though I was in it for the makeup. Through the years I have purchased makeup from Mary Kay. Several years ago I was at a women’s retreat and someone had brought in a box of Mary Kay products, free for the taking. I picked through, found no makeup but picked up some skin products. I absolutely loved how these products improved my complexion. About three months ago my daughter was breaking out with acne, I remembered a product from Mary Kay that amazingly cleared up my white heads. Do you think I could find it? I finally did and my daughter was so surprised when she applied it one night to wake up the next morning and her acne was gone.

A couple weeks ago I was invited to a virtual Mary Kay party. The consultant sent me quite a few samples. It was at this point that I told my husband that I am going to sell Mary Kay, I don’t want another person struggling like I did. This blog is to share our journey through this time in our lives. I will share about the products, you can follow the changes in our complexions as we use the products ourselves. 

It’s not all about Mary Kay but how their products can change your perspective about yourself, rather your just using their products or decide to join me in selling Mary Kay. You can shop at my WebsiteWebsite.  

Please join us over at my Facebook for specials, games, and opportunities to win prizes.Facebook

Comments